PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's going on at Goodwood?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2006, 13:40
Heliotrope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moet04
I have also heard that Goodwood have not only asked Atlas to leave the airfield but also CEGA who have been there for 30 years. Sounds like the airfield is being turned into a business park involving non-aviation businesses as their hangar is being turned into offices!!
I found this out yesterday through a friend, and was truly amazed. They've only been at Goodwood since 1997 though. The company started out at Shoreham.

I worked for CEGA for nearly two years, and left them on extremely good terms with the offer of going back whenever I wanted. However, when I called a couple of months ago to follow this up, I was told that the company was undergoing a restructure, and that they would not be taking on anywhere near as many new staff as they had done in the past.

There was no mention that they were leaving Goodwood, though. I'm amazed, and I'd be really interested to know the reasons behind it. Their air ambulance fleet is based there (or at least it was all the time that Goodwood was their HQ, I don't know if this is still the case). It's a shame. It's such a nice place to work, especially this time of year.