PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar advertising for drivers in the Middle East
Old 5th Jul 2006, 05:44
ShockWave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well actually, if you include training allowance, accomodation and school fees Ek pay well over 600,000, depending how long you have been here. Factor in some over-time and bonus money and you're over 700,000.

when you deduct Tax from the 400,000 aed mentioned for Jet star you won't get much more than 270,000 aed.

To make the same money as we get in EK you would have to be paid something around 1,200,000 aed or about 900,000 aed with no kids. 49 cents in every dollar tax (over90k), plus gst, plus medicare, plus compulsory super contributions, is going to hurt bigtime.
I wouldn't do it even for the QF A330 money, which is also considerably less than what I'm being paid at the moment.
But don't let me spoil the party. When you have had enough of the Gulf I guess it just doesn't matter, you want to go, then good luck.

I think that after a few months the novelty of being back in OZ would not compensate for the pityfull conditions, lack of money and stress of working for such a bunch of miserable pr-cks.
I suppose you could always come back as a DEC if you don't slam to many doors on your way out.
Note:
All of the above guesstimates were based on actual pay statements, no calculators were used at any time and the exact accuracy can not be guaranteed.