PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything to do with Jetstar Recruitment (Merged)
Old 4th Jul 2006, 13:40
HoHum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Ditz mate...

To answer a previous question posed of me from DJTibby.... read Ditzyboys (and Grove's) posts - they have summed it up extremely well. We worked together and we (like many of our collegues) are happier that we left, but the company has lost so many of its good staff in this process.... I would have loved to stay, but the conditions became so bad - I had very little chocie if I wanted to keep my sanity!

I worked at JQ (and its donor company) for many, many years and could not handle the heavy handed and undermined tactics used by JQ management. It was a sad situation and one that I am continually hearing since my departure.

Everything that Ditz wrote is unfortunatley true and it is such a shame to see where the company which had so much potential has been taken..........

So yeah, I might seem to hate JQ with a passion DJTibby, but I don't hate the staff - a few of my old crew mates are still there. As for them I feel sorry and console them when they tell me how bad it has become.

But I, like the others, left for a reason - we all worked very hard to get the airline to where it was about 2 years ago, and for our reward, we were treated with contempt and bad management styles all because it became a "new-budget airline"......allowances dissappeared and conditions got worse and worse each day.... Even the Manager who stood up and told us that our conditions and pay would not change when we became JQ dissappeared within less than 3 mths after the changeover !! What does that tell you??

To anyone thinking I am just plain bitter - No I am not, I am just telling it as it is (or was!) To sum it up - I have had the experience to make a qualified decision about the goings-on in JQ, and it seems that if you ask anyone who has spent more than 3 years there - they will tell you the same.
The crew are a great bunch of guys and gals, and the way that JQ stands now, it is a great way to try the position of Crew if you are desperate enough to want it, but if you are necessarily looking at a quick way to QF... then I would consider something else..... the crew progression list is sooooo long and I would be surprised if you would stay long enough in those bad conditions to see yourself finally get through to QF shorthaul.

Oh, and my comment to other "ex" crew DJTibby....once again a reference to the Management and their practices at JQ....
I have many great friends from many airlines who I do not have a problem with. It is just very funny that when the Crew Base Manager positions came up in JQ - ALL of them went to outside staff who were ALL from a particular company. No need telling you where the Manager deciding who got the jobs was from!!! Need I say more ? (I think the old reference - Jobs for the boys is appropriate in this situation)
But that is how they run things there...... if you are going, just be prepared to be worked hard, looked over at promotion time, and not be treated like a person or with any respect

I've ranted enough but you wanted the facts....Nuff said from me ...

Last edited by HoHum; 4th Jul 2006 at 13:52.