PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS CABIN CREW DISCUSSIONS ( IV)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2006, 12:09
mostie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest I am ashamed to work for Qantas.

This was not always the case but has become so for so many of us under the "leadership" of geoff dixon.

The pattern you refer to is correct and is indicative of what management think of it's staff.
They are treated as nothing more than a means of production, to be chewed up and spat out when burnt out.

The film clip to Pink Floyds, "The Wall" comes to mind.

I see this treatment dished out in so many ways to all CC regardless of where they are based.

Australian based crew are not subjected to this type of pattern yet as we still are protected by our industrial aggreement/EBA.

When it has expired I have NO doubt that under the "work no choices" legislation this type of pattern will become the norm for us too.

As Speedy said, QF must have shat themselves when this poor girl collapsed especially given that her operating CSM was an ex line manager who is unlikely to be silenced or pushed around.

The following is a cut and paste from the CC manager email sent to all Supervisors the afternoon of the incident.

--------

BKK / AKL CREW SLIP IN JNB We have been receiving a lot of feedback from
you with regards to the 24 hour slip our BKK and AKL crew were given in JNB
this bid period. Thanks to your continued direct and honest communication,
we can confirm that from BP246 the slip time has been significantly
extended. If you are speaking to BKK/AKL crew about JNB patterns please
feel free to let them know that extended slip times have already been
factored in to the new patterns and also to let them know that it is
important that all feedback re patterns be given to their base managers.

--------

The Thais don't voice their concern to management THEMSELVES as they are [rightly] terrified of not having their contract renewed.

This company is nothing short of discraceful.