PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything to do with Jetstar Recruitment (Merged)
Old 4th Jul 2006, 00:34
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sylphie -
Yes the bond is in place. It is a bit dodgy, in my opinion. I am not saying for a second that the company would sack you just to have you pay the bond and make a profit. And, yes, it is for the purpose of covering the cost of training should someone 'try it out', as you say, and decide to leave. I don't agree with this practise but can see where they are going with that. What angers me is they can sack you - whether it be with reason or unfairly - and demand the bond back too. That is the ludicris part.

Honey with the IR laws the way they are and the management practice at Jetstar the way it is you could very well be sacked - even if you do your job right. I could rattle off a large number of incidents where management have victimised employees who have done nothing wrong, or based on hearsay with total lack of evidence. It happened more times than I care to remember and it depresses me that it has happened again only recently. A flight attendant refused to act outside the job she is employed to do and was stood down all the same. The Company just made up their own rules. It is referenced on the FAAA website, should you care to look it up.

Regarding me... I no longer work at Jetstar. I took a Career Progression slot to Short Haul.

You sound as if you are happy to give it a go. Great. Just be cautious and know exactly what you are subscribing to, regarding bonds and paying for accommodation etc. I think it is wonderful you are willing to pay so much money for to be employed at Jetstar. You are obviously very keen and would be a great flight attendant. Unfortunately Jetstar will use you enthusiasm to abuse you. Having you agree to a bond and pay for training accommodation is evidence of this very fact. As long as you get out of the experience what you set out to achieve then it is all good. Though I feel that it is getting more and more difficult.