PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 22:38
november.sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asuweb, what a load of nonsense!!!

Look at the price tags attached to classroom taught courses as opposed to distance learning courses. Yes, that's right, they cost an awful lot more. That's the price you pay to receive your 650 hours of teaching that are required. The teaching needs to be up to standard, and whilst I don't dispute that a substantial amount of work needs to come from yourself to pass, that argument doesn't really come into it as far as teaching quality is concerned.

If the teaching is no good, and during my time at OAT there were some instructors that were plain useless, and you're saying most of the work has to come from yourself, then why exactly would you pay to receive classroom instruction, if you could have done it at half the price distance learning?

I'm not slating OAT here, because many of their instructors are excellent and highly capable individuals. However, there are also some who should never have been given a job instructing, and it is those individuals that have been referred to in previous posts, as I understand it.