PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saluting US Warrant Officers - for information
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 20:23
Rich Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is jolly good fun and all that but I just don't understand why anyone cares enough to even reply to this Chief_Two or New WO1 or whoever he claims to be.

With apology for the repetitive nature of my response, but:

US Warrant Officers, 'real' US Warrant Officers (not those who need recognition to compensate for deep seated inferiority and sexual inadequacies and who are in reality psuedo-Warrants) do not salute unless forced by threat of courts martial. Real Warrants could care less if others of any rank in any nation salute them or where others might think they fit atop some military totem pole.

Having stated that opinion, I must admit that I once saluted Mad Dog Mike Benthall, a pioneer in British military aviation (Scouts) and commander of a Gurka fighting unit who is reputed to have been the only serving officer to have told the Queen to sod off with those mangy Geordies whilst on a VIP flight to Windsor Castle. Though he often denied being the British officer who promoted Idi Amin to sergeant long before he became the 'Big Daddy' we came to know and love, he was fond of telling stories of his military discharge which, some say, happened several times a night while he was posted in the very far east which is right of India I hear. I was, at the time, reliably informed that he, or someone who looked like him, got more bounce than a badgers bum. His fascination with little maps of Ireland was never really understood. At any rate, he was a British Officer any US Warrant could respect and one deserving of a crisp, military salute by God!