PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 15:30
lup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whirlygig,I have been too busy flying over the years to post and stay ahead of PPRUNE, and that as I said before includes overseas were I am away from the coffee tents of Ascot etc, better than PPRUNE sometimes.

But I can say that I can't recall meeting any pilot either flying the same roster or around the bizars in the UK who started their career close to 40.

There must be some as I have just spoken to a USA pilot friend of mine, who has met a few out there, mainly flying low paid traffic jobs due to their experience,but the market in the US is much different to the UK.

When I flew out there, the young starters were all going through to instructor level to gain hours to move on to better conditions.
They were paid peanuts and had to buy maps and manuals from the school who employed them.

Maybe the industry will wake up soon, when all the experienced guys start hanging up their flying gloves and discover the huge gap between what experience is left and the low timers waiting for a break.

If or when that happens, I won't be giving RJC the same advise.
By the way don't use a rumour forum to to mould your views on aviation.
RJC did say he had a partner in tow, he will have to take into account Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome, before he starts spending his money.