PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 14:32
demandpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilov3s3lina
after reading the posts........ i started wondering...
why do most of the Self-Sponsored pilot only think of Entering SIA(it seems that SIA is EVERYTHING) right after grtaduation?

probably, your friend who went back to accounting Doesn't have the COrrect Mind-Set and Attitude, thus SIA rejected him. i say he doesn't have the correct mind-set is because he went back to accounting right after he got rejected without even putting in some effort and trying...... maybe he thinks that the sleepless nights spent at the flying school revising CPL papers are enough........ i mean.. come on.. $50k is a BIG SUM of money!! don't he think that it's a big waste if he just waste his license like that?

Well.. notice Many young generation of Singaporeans( as general, not limited to aviators) want it the easy way..... perhaps it's the society or the education system that moulded them into such person.

i think both the Films 'I NOT STUPID' and ' I NOT STUPID II' potrays this fact rather well, Singaporeans put expectations without actually understanding their ability and the limits
Your comments reflect badly of you as a person, your character and your maturity level.

It is sad that you have formed a negative impression of Singaporeans by simply watching 2 movies. Likewise you have made a bad impression of yourself with one single thoughtless post.

It is selfish and irresponsible to place your dreams above everything else. Life is not only about living your dreams. I'm sure 9M-'s friend, who went back to his accounting job, had other priorities at hand, be it family or financial commitments. It is not as simple as throwing everything behind to pursue your ambitions. Perhaps you don't understand this at your age.

After reading your previous posts, I gather that you are the same young Malaysian boy under a different username who got snubbed for being arrogent on another thread. He stopped posting shortly afterwards. You may have changed your identity, but your style of writing (and I'm sure that's the way you speak as well) betrays you. Perhaps any HM Aerospace instructor on this forum may want to identify this student?

I won't take offence by your insensitive remarks. In fact I shall laugh it off. After all, you're only 19 years of age and can't be expected to know much. You have a whole life ahead of you to experience. However, some senior pilots on this forum may not be so lenient towards you. I'm surprised that no one has checked in yet to give you a good dressing down.

I started this thread for Singaporeans who went their own way to an aviation career to share with us their stories, and what lessons can be learnt. So please don't turn it into a circus.

I hope you complete your course at HM Aerospace. Make use of your time there wisely to develop yourself as a person, build your character and correct your flaws. Certainly, someone with your present kind of attitude won't go very far in aviation, or anywhere else for that matter.

Enough said, back to the original topic.