PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Aviation College
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 13:37
Cloud surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news regarind the monitary support to NAC? I know several other Norwegian to's have filed complaints to this unfair and competition-hindering support
I know. I've just read a press-release that Oradea University (http://www.oradeauniversity.com/overview.htm) has launched a EU complaint against the Norwegian "Utdannelsesdepartementet" because appearantly, the Norwegian Government is subsidising 4 universities in Norway (Tromsø, Bergen, Trondheim and Oslo) in their medical programs. APpearantly, the norwegian government is claming that students shouldn't have shoulder all the expenses of running a university medical program, and therefore is providing financial assistance to these schools.

The university of Oredea appearantly does not receive any economic subsidies from the norwegian government, resulting in unfair and competition-hindering support. The norwegian government has not responded yet, as they're awaiting the outcome of the complaints filed against the UiTø / NAC application for state financing.