PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 08:54
The Rage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Mates,

Just a complain or two that i would like to high light.
1. I've noticed Pen tower has made it a habbit of instructing guys to clear onto 'C' while we are half way tru our landing run,and at times, depending on the situation 'C' becomes a bit difficult unless u stamp on the brakes. Suggest they actually see that the aircraft can make 'C' before clearing them onto it.

2. Please do something about KCH atc! I personnally beleive that the controllers there are very conservative. For easterly dep's , we prefer rwy 07, it saves heap's of fuel. But the coordination between area control and tower is appauling. I was denied a 07 dep, only to spend a good 10 mins getting into rwy 25 when i could have departed in less than 5 from 07. To makes thigs worst, after airborne i found out that the closest a/c landing was 60nm's away! Then why couldnt i just have dep out of 07, would have saved me time, fuel and stress. I understand they are doing quite a bit of training at kch for the new atc'ers, but that does not meen they have to have an impact on normal ops.
Its just everytime im there, it just gets me frustrated with the level of in-efficiency.