PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 1st Jul 2006, 19:27
ilov3s3lina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after reading the posts........ i started wondering...
why do most of the Self-Sponsored pilot only think of Entering SIA(it seems that SIA is EVERYTHING) right after grtaduation?

probably, your friend who went back to accounting Doesn't have the COrrect Mind-Set and Attitude, thus SIA rejected him. i say he doesn't have the correct mind-set is because he went back to accounting right after he got rejected without even putting in some effort and trying...... maybe he thinks that the sleepless nights spent at the flying school revising CPL papers are enough........ i mean.. come on.. $50k is a BIG SUM of money!! don't he think that it's a big waste if he just waste his license like that?

Well.. notice Many young generation of Singaporeans( as general, not limited to aviators) want it the easy way..... perhaps it's the society or the education system that moulded them into such person.

i think both the Films 'I NOT STUPID' and ' I NOT STUPID II' potrays this fact rather well, Singaporeans put expectations without actually understanding their ability and the limits

____________________________________________________________ __

now i heard something interesting from one of my friend(he got fed up of waiting and went straight into SYDNEY flight training,the school is currently training some MAS cadets)......

Apparently, you can convert your CASA CPL into A DCA Malaysian one..

here's how..

go Aust for training until CPL(ONLY)

Come back to Malaysia, Do IR and ATPL theory .... in MFA or HMA

and in the end, you'll get a DCA Malaysia license( I'm not sure whether you need to sit for CPL papers or not)

well... he said it was told to him directly by DCA director CAPT Yahaya when he contacted DCA.

BTW, we're both malaysian.