PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Home to Duty - ANOTHER JPA Farce!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 20:50
Banana Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I'm lucky enough to be serving overseas.
I have no access to JPA without driving 100+ miles. Imagine the excitement of engineering a day off work to submit my travel claim at nearest UK support unit.....finding that JPA is down...going for coffee...then, hoorah, JPA is working....submit claim (takes hours because of crap software)....want to claim 'UK Subsistance'....next question...which country?....England....CLAIM REJECTED...(Country not recognized)....UK?....CLAIM REJECTED.....(Country not recognized)....find drop down menu....find 'UK' on page 10....CLAIM ACCEPTED....funny old thing...I am claiming my 'UK Subsistance'........for being in the UK!....fight my way through countless other unnecessary hurdles.....submit claim.....'VIOLATION'.....there is apparently no way to refuel the hire car.....claim has to go for audit.....no problem,....go to find audit clerk....not in office.....leave photocopy of refuel receipt....and drive back to duty station.
.........Next morning,.....find message on answer phone....can I go back to audit clerk with all other paperwork pertaining to simple UK duty?
.......Plan another day off from primary duty...current estimate is 2 weeks time.

I used to submit a F1771 and forget about it.

JPA is wasting everybodies time! (At least 2 days per month.) The audit clerk is in tears due to the number of 'audits'. I am currently approx £2000 out of pocket....screwed up LOA, home to duty, no LSA, MQ charges, unable to submit legitimate claims....

I have an option in 2 years....and guess what? After 22 years of satisfied service, JPA is the final straw!