PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DID OXFORD FIRE BEST INSTRUCTOR ????
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 16:23
alknibbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of inaccuracies!!

Hi All,

I'm currently at OAT studying my phase 2 subjects and thought i ought to post my opinion of what has been written here.

The instructor in question is a great guy and a very good instructor and i wish him all the best with whatever he chooses to do now, Rock on Dude! However, i can't believe the amount of negative things being said about the other ground school instructors. The vast majority of the instructors have to date been extremely helpful. They are willing to offer extra tuition whenever required, they are always available to answer queries, they offer their honest advice about how best to pass the exams, and do their best to make sure that you actually understand the subject itself as well as the particular types of questions that you can expect to be faced with in the exams. Instructors have different ideas about how best to teach us but they all have the same very clear goal and that is to ensure that we all pass and get the highest marks possible. They also try and make the learning experience as enjoyable as possible and remove the stress out of what is an extremely stressful experience. I've never seen any evidence of an 'RAF conspiracy!!' Just a good bunch of guys giving great instruction.

There are no secret batches of questions that we are handed by instructors and told to guard with our lives! We are given sets of questions that are either made up by the instructors to ensure that we know the syllabus or they are feedback questions that have been gathered from other students. I have not heard of students rushing off to other groundschools as there is neither the time nor the need. The various different databases of 'feedback' are virtually identical and pretty much all hail from the same original source.

I believe that Oxford do their very best to get all of their students jobs, of course they do, otherwise nobody would come here! Obviously their ability to get someone a job is determined by that persons performance in exams etc. Certain airlines have certain stipulations so not every candidate will be suitable!

To anybody considering coming to Oxford, come to one of the open days, get on the Oxford Aviation Training Forum, and don't believe everything you read on threads like this. I've been here just over 4 months now and so far so good!

I am by no means the most intelligent bloke in my class, in fact to be honest i am one of the less academically gifted (as you can probably tell by this post!!), however i've just passed the first 7 exams first time with an average of 90% so Oxford must be doing something right!

Feel free to contact me if you want any advice etc