PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Interview & training (merged)
Old 29th Jun 2006, 13:05
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want to be successfull!

* Make sure you say hello and introduce yourself to everyone else waiting for the interview to commence.
A few ice breakers will could include:
- Hello I'm (blah blah blah)
- Where are you from?
- Have you applied before? (that way if you haven't they may give you some ideas for the day)
- What do you do for work at the moment?
(that should be enough to get started and get you talking to a few people)

* To get through the group exercise at the begining, make sure you provide ideas to your problem, acknowledge others ideas, don't hold back but don't be abrupt and try to lead the group - you're not going for a supervisor role so they aren't looking for leaders.

* Most important thing to remember 'NOT' to say is how 'you love to travel', or 'you're applying because you want to see the world' - it doesn't work like that.
You need to be focused on 'Customer Service' 'Exciting random schedule'.

* We aren't plastic Sindy dolls at Virgin so don't be fake. Smile and be pleasant and honest - if this doesn't come naturally or you're stressed from the car/train journey - take a few deep breaths before you go in, grab a coffee (Interviews are now at Concorde 2000 @ Gatwick - there is a small coffee shop on the ground floor as you walk in and get greated by one of the recruiters - leave an extra 20/30mins before your interview is due to commence).

* Most of all relax and enjoy it. It's more like going for a audition than an interview.
If you are not successful (as I have been previously) don't take it personally - there was a guy on my interview day who had been crew for another airline and did everything right - from what I thought - and didn't get through. Re-apply in 6 months! - That is seen as encouraging.

* If you get asked what would you do if you are unsuccessful - Reapply in 6 months -"I can't see myself working for any other airline - Virgin is so fantastic" - and it is, wait until you start work here!

* Oh and don't forget any of the required documents - have your checklist from your invitation letter and all that ready the night before. It is easlily done.

Hope this helps - any questions? Good luck y'all - See you in the air!