PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything to do with Jetstar Recruitment (Merged)
Old 29th Jun 2006, 12:54
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heya :)

I agree that F/A should look nice and 'presentable' as some elders might like to call it... I think they (airlines) have every right in asking that applicants have the following and be:
"Of professional appearance including Attire, Skin, Teeth, Nails, Hair, Personal Grooming No visible tattoos or body piercing (1 earring per ear is acceptable)"
I have two piercings in each ear, don't know if you people have noticed how in the second hole lots of girls wear a stud, and in the first they wear some dangly earring... this looks great (as its the fashion... where I come from anyway) for when you go out, birthdays, dinners, clubs (I seldom go there) but yeh, generally when in casual dress. Even I think I look out of place with two piercings when in school uniform or at work at the library... and I personally would rather be served FOOD by someone whose teeth aren't horribly yellow from all their smoking years, and whose nails aren't bitten down to the cuticle and whose hair is not burnt from all the peroxide to make it blonde over the years and abuse of hair straightening abuse... as my bf would label it, you don't want a "dirty" to be serving you, especially FOOD.
BUT these things ARE 'fixable' eg, get false nails, hair treatments at the salon (and dye it darker rather than lighter!!), whitening/treatment of teeth etc.
Good luck to everyone trying out with Jetstar! I'm sure you'll all look lovely anyhow in a suit with hair all done up neatly etc.... it all really depends on how much of an 'inspection' they'd do of your body at their recruitment days.
The requirements could be all talk, and they may not really implement it... who knows! But to everyone, good luck, and good on ya's for trying!