PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very poor pay offer for jmc pilots
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2001, 15:14
exeng

DPIT,

You stated, < I think it is much more advisable to divide the number of employees by the total passengers>.

O.K. I agree, these are the figures reproduced from the AEA annual report as of 31/12/99. I am not qualified to verify their accuracy.

Approx passengers per employee:

SA 1780
AL 1260
LH 1150
BMI 1040
SAS 840
AF 780
Iberia 750
KLM 600
Last and very much least BA at 530 !!

I do not have information to hand on RPK's per employee, a more exacting test I'm sure, perhaps you could provide this information DPIT.

DPIT you also said, < You obviously have some grudge against a part of management, and have therefore deemed all management to be evil!>

Yes I do have a grudge against a part of management but no I do not deem all management to be evil. Like you I'm sure, I make a judgment on actions and results.

The passengers, shareholders, and staff are now enjoying the legacy of Bob Ayling. He alone cannot be blamed for the state of this company. I believe it is one of the primary responsibilities of the non-exec directors to monitor the policies and actions of the C.E.O., then take action when necessary. They acted far too late and it will now take years to repair the damage. They largely failed in their responsibilities but most of them are still in place.

I have taken the trouble to read some of your other posts DPIT and you make a lot of sense.

Finally I agree with you entirely when you say if we all worked together it would be a better place. We as flight crew have attempted closer co-operation with management by the adopting of 'Guiding Principles' some years back. These guiding principles are seen by many of us now as having failed. I believe that guiding principles as a means of doing business with management will be dropped in the very near future. Another more effective means of working together will have to be found.

Finally, all flight crew in BA wish to be paid the 'market rate', the phrase that is often quoted in boardrooms the world over. To achieve that market rate blood will probably be spilt, so PETE OTAUBE I am fully prepared to spill a considerable amount of my own in pursuit of that objective.

Regards
Exeng