PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC pilot vacancies
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 01:41
tiltrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hehehe

Come on old chaps - there is no finger pointing, and Spinwing, although he has his guesses wrong, is quite right, it's nice to stir the **** sometimes! Isn't that what we are all here for? Thanks S.W., I take the ligher fluid as a compliment.
SAS-Less - The only problem I have, and that is why I made the comment you quote, is not that things are perfect in all companies, in fact I agree that many companies have lots of stuff to fix, including wages (although, we may have come to a stages, especially considering contract requirements, age restrictions, etc. where maybe we do not have the luxury of attracting people just with money any more). Not that more money hurts.
However, I do think that those guys who sit around on the porch after work and keep on whining and winging over a few beers, but never ever take the initiative to provide real useful and constructive feedback, seem to be quite often the guys who post personal insults on this forum, possibly after everyone else has left the porch and now they don't have anything better to do.
When it comes to HR practices - it ain't that easy any more today, especially not in big organisations, there are not only whom-you-know aspects, but nowadays, also many legal and other aspects to consider. That is probably why in bigger companies, like CHC, they leave it up to professional with an HR background, I would think. I believe that ultimately, although the hiring process may not be that ideal, the decision still remains with the CP, or sometimes training Captains who often provide good feedback.
The old flying clubs where you operated 10 helicopters, and the only way you joined the club was by knowing the Chiefpilot personnally by the way, and which never gave the younger guys, new to the business any chance, are fortunately coming to an end. Mostly for the good of the guys who want to advance in the industry, in all fairness.
Again - I agree with all comments that many problems need fixing; Because you have mentionned it - I wonder how many guys nowadays, unless they want to score a free 412 rating, want to go to Doha anymore? There seems to be a strange change of demographics there, and at ADA by the way too. I wonder why?
I think the only point I had to make is that it's pretty unprofessional to drag a particular person in the CHC hiring process through the dirt like this. Wonder how you would feel about it?
I am amazed, I have already generated 2 stinkers to my last posting, looks like the experiment is working.
Keep smiling guys and safe flying! I better watch my lighter fluid! Thanks for that comment Spinwing - quite like it! I am a bit disappointed about the commercial experience though. Maybe you are referring to North Sea experience only? Later boys, be safe.