PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very poor pay offer for jmc pilots
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2001, 03:54
exeng

DPIT,

You asked, <but how many people would honestly take a pay cut when the business is doing babdly...not many I would imagine>

Well, funnily enough, the Flight Crew of the company you work for did during the Gulf War. It was sold to us by BALPA as the 'responsible' course of action to ensure that BA survived the ravages of reduced load factors.

And, funnily enough, we were the only group of staff that did agree to wage cuts, the management didn't, the cabin crew didn't, the ground engineers didn't, the loaders didn't, need I say more.

And also, funnily enough, when BA actually posted a profit for that year there were considerable dividends paid to all shareholders but we were not given a 'cent' back.

I protested at the time of the proposed 'cuts' but was ignored.

I have been given access to a 'confidential' (Ho Ho!) paper produced by BALPA (with input from BA) regarding comparative pay scales and the 'efficiency' of BA. I won't go into the pay scales here unless anybody wishes me to, but it is worth making a basic comment regarding efficiency.

BA have twice the number of employees per A/C as BMI,and considerably more than most others; what is going on here? All I see around the Compass centre is 'suits', and if you go to 'Waterworld' the mind boggles!

For God's sake Rod get a grip on this lot.

JMC I wish you all the best in your endeavours and I apologise for slightly hijacking this thread, but I felt that DPIT needed to be sent a message.

We (BA pilots) are really going for it this time, prepare for blood in the streets!

Regards
Exeng