PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 16:11
Phil Squares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chambudzi, I can't agree with you more. In the time I have been with Cargo, I have never experienced any "second class" treatment from any of the mainline pilots, instructors or anyone.

There has been a concerted effort to improve the productivity of the Cargo COPs. However, the real problem or block is within flilght admin. There is an unwillingness to change things. There was a recent TCC about Cargo being separated ASAP, how we were going to fly to the AOC limits. Not so fast, it costs money to change the rostering system and no one wants to spend the money or at least have it come out of their budget.

You're also correct in your statement about mainline pilots flying the schedule's they're assigned. However, I will admit, I have had some nice SYD/MEL layovers taken away for a mainline pilot to fly. I did get them reinstated after raising the issue with the DCP.

For me, Cargo is a great deal. I have enough time on the aircraft, I don't want to fly 80 hours/month. As it is, I might fly 50 and position 15-20 hours, I'm off 12+ days/month. Life is good (for me).

Granted Cargo isn't for everyone, and neither is mainline. It's really all what you make of it.