PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2006, 13:06
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'l stay out of the whole American bashing part of this thread, but this statement needs a reply.

Sorry, but you are wrong. EK is an airline where pilots have NO rights.

There is no recourse, there is no avenue to challenge policy changes, there is no ear to hear when you have something to say, there is no one there for you. At the end of the day you are on your own.
This statement is just not true. EK pilots do have recourse. One pretty high profile incident that initially resulted in a demotion was over-turned on appeal. That person, with the help of his colleagues, used EK's own internal policies as part of the appeal.

I know I just said I'd stay out of the American bashing thing, but just can't seem to help it.

Mensaboy, you need to take chill pill. In any large group of people there is always going to be the 10 percent that aren't right. If you are pre-disposed to bigotry and racism when you run across one of the 10 percent you may make a snap judgement that all of that particular race, nationality, etc are bad. It is a mistake to judge people based on their race, nationality, or sex. Give each individual a chance. I'm sure 90% of Mensa members would agree

TP