PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Searching for TR 737 partner
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2006, 14:06
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

If you buy a TR then think of buying some line training/experience too. Like electrical devices you still have to buy the plug to make it work or a camera without memory is of no use. When considering TR think how am I going to make it effective? Without some or even any time on type you have little chance of progressing further.

However once you go along the type rating path and also factor in line experience time then the true cost will equal or suepersede your original fATPL costs! Think very carefully, it's no good closing your eyes and thinking it'll be different for you because why would it be. One thing is for sure and that's the large cost/debt and that isn't going to go away for anyone.

If people can pay for TRSS then why not gain 1000hrs by instructing and even if you get paid nothing for it then at least you can live on the money that you would have spent on the TR. Just a thought I personally will go along the TR and Line experience but that's because I can afford it without going to the bank, I realise that not everyone is in that circumstance so tread carefully and please, please THINK before being allured into what you may or may not need.

Good luck to all.....