PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Searching for TR 737 partner
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2006, 11:58
invisiblemoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, i've already spread my opinion about it but i'll try again and perhaps you won't lose your hard earned money in a useless piece of paper.

I have a 737CL+NG TR since march when employment market was even better than it is today, three of my closest friends have the same rating and we are ALL still unemployed.

I have send approx 80 tailored letters all reviewed by english natives (i'm not) to avoid any spelling or grammatical mistakes, so nothing's wrong on my side.

Sad but true some TRTO are also selling hours on that type. Guess what ? The waiting list ist endless, about 1 year long.

The actual situation on the 737 market ?
TR without hours = no chance at all
TR with 100h = not better, in fact only ryanair could employ you

In my opinion you should try another type (turboprop especially) because the 737 TR is so "cheap" nowadays that everybody is jumping on it.

Actually this rating is totally useless unless you have hours on type in a fairly large amount (probably 500 on type but i would'nt bet on it). Believe me, i'm on the 737 market right now, so i know what i'm talking about.

I really don't know what to expect with +500 on type, i suppose you *could* find employement in a 6-12 month timeframe.