PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Cabin Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2006, 03:50
radiation junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LL - I am inquisitive

You are not the only one who is "inquisitive". I think any genuine Qantas LH flight attendant should be. The FAAA seems to be just part of the "audience" looking on at the destruction of Qantas. Probably about 1/3 of the threads are posted by fools that have never seen the inside of a Jumbo, such as fryagain, twiggs or simon. Then we have the FAAA plants and the "Visitor" representatives. They must enjoy putting in their "bring it on" comments without knowing or caring about the real facts behind the whole GD bonus driven management.
It would be very interesting to compare financial figures of how Qantas would stand now without the Billions spent on J* Asia, J* International launch,the bases and cheap foreign crew, dumping Syd maintenance and killing the engineering training schemes so successful over the past decades. Plus, without the huge management salary/bonus figures from the totals.
Yes, I do agree there had to be some change and cost savings achieved, but so far I cannot see the value that many of the negative initiatives which have transpired over the last couple of years. We are swept along in the rise and fall of the international economy and airline industry. Anything that GD has "achieved", really only lines his own pockets and ego. As far as long term benefits for Qantas , I don't think so. I may be wrong, but we should still be inquisitive and try to understand what goes on behind our backs.