PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naked Rambler jailed after plane strip
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 14:24
fernytickles

Life's too short for ironing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, Chesty, I don't necessarily agree with you over the points I made, but aside from that, I still think that the sentence they gave him, in comparison to the sentencing handed down to other people who have disrupted flights is totally OTT. (edited to add) No question, his decision to disrupt the flight was a significant error of judgement, but 4 months worth? I don't think so.

Lucky captain How did she keep a straight face, trying to reason with a tall, naked guy? I hope she was also tall If the cabin crew really were intimidated by one naked guy, how on earth would they feel with serious, drunk, aggressive, abusive, violent trouble makers?

Having followed some of this guy's 'actions' on the Beeb website, when I think of all the things wrong in this world - starvation, torture, corruption, destruction, etc, etc, his desire to be allowed to wander around naked seems to pale in comparison, and some people do seem to be getting awfully hot under the collar over such relatively innocuous behaviour.

So, anyone who would want to strip naked in the midge-capital of the world is definitely barking, but I would have thought that there were more important problems that need to be addressed in life.

Last edited by fernytickles; 24th Jun 2006 at 14:42.