PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naked Rambler jailed after plane strip
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2006, 13:14
Ranger One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chesty Morgan
Paxboy,
He was. I spoke to the crew the day after it happened. Smelt like old cheese apparently!
Both the cabin crew were quite intimidated by him and his refusal to obey their, what I consider, lawful commands. Hence the reaon for the Captain, a female, leaving the flight deck.
That's the bit that puzzled me - refusing to obey lawful commands is the one thing he *wasn't* charged with, and possibly should have been.

WRT what some other posters have said, I hadn't heard that the Capt. left the flight deck at any time - just that they had asked the police to meet the flight. Chesty seems to have inside information on this - but it seems to me (and I say this VERY gently, I wasn't there) that there's some room to question the judgement of a Captain who leaves the flight deck to deal with a pax who isn't being violent, disruptive, abusive, or dangerous. You're paid to fly the damn thing.

If he was odiferous, shame on him - I still think four months very excessive for a situation where there was no abuse, assault, or endangerment of the flight.

R1