PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOW ABOUT THIS
Thread: HOW ABOUT THIS
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 17:36
microlight AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PompeySailor
Thank you. I am flattered. However, you might want to read the thread again and see at which point I entered the fray. Not 1st in by quite some way.

I hope you are not complaining about my lack of taste, when I cannot challenge your http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...53#post2549953
I wholly endorse that Pompey.

I enjoy banter, it's no different to the rivalries between our own forces or individual units. What a lot of folks don't always appreciate about our secret weapon (humour) is that we mostly direct it at ourselves. I can recall a night when I had a choice between laughing at some dark humour exopressed in response to the news that a colleague had been killed, or crying. We laughed and got on with the job. However, the comment about McDonalds fund raisding will have reminded people here of bounteous funds flowing across the pond for P.I.R.A : Too close to home, not funny. Particularly in the light of how a certain country has decided to be the leader in the global fight against terrorism, some of us here were already engaged in the war on terrorism 10, 20 & 30 years ago.

I have no probs with our colonial cousins, not so sure about their politicians but that goes for Blighty as well. I live right next to an old airfield with a memorial to the many brave crews of USAAF Liberators who never came back. I also fly from an ex USAAF airfield. I have nothing but respect, gratitude and admiration for those men.