PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 02:30
andie74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letsfly & JB_OZ, i couldnt agree more. i just dont see the logic behind MAM hiring more people. there simply isnt enough work as it is.

i kinda feel bad for people who are applying and now being told they have ground school dates- bcos i was SOOOO excited 18mths ago just like you guys when i started training with MAM. But im sorry to say it hasnt really been a totally positive experience. Yes the people ive met and freinds ive made have been fantastic, the actual work itself is great too- but the reality of being a casual flight attendant with MAM/Qantas is really not something id recommend to anyone.

My close girlfriend initially had interviews etc with MAM a few months ago, but bcos i care about her and bcos of my experience as shes seen it, we've had a few long chats about the pros & cons, and she decided not to pursue it any further. she the same age as me (31) and just like me would like some stability with money, and finances etc- which we just have not had with MAM.

i guess if nothing else its an exciting experience that even if you only do it for a year or so once in your lifetime then its something to remember. theres been lots of good stuff- but unfortuantely its been tainted by struggling to pay bills, counting all your pennies and dealing with your own questions of 'when do i leave and say enough is enough' and hanging in there 'just a little bit longer bcos this month wasnt so bad' to see if it will improve. for me and a few of my friends, right about now is when enough is enough. i dont want to sound like im being negative when people are so excited- bcos that seems so mean.....but honestly if you have serious financial issues like a mortgage, or something along those lines, pls think seriously about giving up a secure job/wage to take up with MAM. If you have no financial commitments then i guess you have the luxury of just taking a chance!

i just hope people are aware of what the situation is so they dont get a huge disappointment down the track.