PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crisis?What crisis???
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 23:23
Quod Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Crisis?What crisis???

If my memory is correct,I remember AS writing to us to advise that there were 25 applications a day to join EK which would explain why current pilots should remember that EK really is the future for all prospective FOs and DECs who naturally will not block any FO promotion.
Then we were told that the exponential rise in resignations over the last 24 months was due to pilots being "homesick" or they left for "personal of family reasons",even including the recently departed Chief Pilot but it did take him 14 years to discover that feeling.
So now that in the space of ONE week EK lose 10 (ten) Airbus Capts it must be the summer heat and the longing for home and family that cause this "spike" on the resignation graph.So,now instead of sending management wanabees around the world to drum up support( and a place in the office in the future lads) for new joiners,we lose experience through the front door and double the manpower need whilst the rest take up the load.
However,everything is rosy in the EK garden, expansion continues unabated and everybody is delighted with the inspirational man management plan put in place some 2.5 years ago by that nice man Mr K.
Crisis?What crisis?Or am I missing something?

How will those nice graphs explain this summer "spike"?
Off to the pub.
QB