PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2006, 11:33
Mercenary Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends where you go now doesn't it. Doesn't Eaglejet have a JAA type rating and line flying programme? I thought Bond or Stapleford had a 500 hour programme? Seem to remember there were some outfits in Eastern Europe that you could do line flying for 500 hours as well on both Boeing and Airbus?
They do have such hour building options but you have to pay extra for them and for the cost of a rating and hour building it’s a lot cheaper just to go through the Ryanair scheme in the first place, get a job and earn some money.

If your number 1 ambition is to work for Ryanair then forget the type rating
With all due respect...that’s what I said in the first place.

and forget about filling in the online application form as well. Instead develop your network. The examples above were exceptions to the rule and nothing more but highlight how there is never a black and white answer to this game. A mate of mine is a Captain in Ryanair and has gotten 3 of his mates into the airline in the past year. All had 250 hours or thereabouts.
Yeah but your 3 mates still had to pay for a Type Rating off Ryanair didn’t they. I've got mates who have got in to FR through "the front" (on-line application) "round the side" (through a MCC/JO course's from companies like Parc) and through the "back door" (Senior Captain Recommendation) All of them have had to pay for the rating from ether SAA or CAE.

As for easyJet, there seems to be only one way in for low timers...CTC!

CanadianTrev
My advice, start with CTC. If you have no luck there, try Ryanair. Don’t treat this as a 3rd year at Uni. You've spent alot of time, effort and money obtaining that licence. You’re aiming to become a professional pilot so behave like one. Good Luck