PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2006, 18:55
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or have we just seen more spectacular spin from the team with their latest newsletter ?

Not long ago, figures like £350,000 were bandied about as being needed, then it was £600,000 and now, reading the newsletter its clear that the total at the moment is now £1million just to achieve first flight. No mention is made of the further costs for the flight test program or indeed general running costs.

Allowing for more spectacular miscalculations again I wonder what the true figure is ?

Doubtless so people will respond with the usual array of "its just another £20/£30/£50 a head" lark, but this seems to be rapidly turning into a bottomless pit. The major sponsor was supposed to bring in £500,000 and no one has come forward yet despite the best efforts of Felicity and others. In reality we probably need 2 major sponsors as well as an ongoing revenue stream which doesn't seem to exist.

The harsh reality, no matter how nice and hard working these people are, is that in any other business or walk of life heads would have rolled and the doors closed. I have donated around £500 this last year in monthly subscriptions and in purchases and I see no realistic prospect of first flight, does anyone else other than the blind optomists ?

I see the accounts are still not done and are late in filing, is that because the minute anyone studies them we will be asking harsh questions that will cause embarrassment or is it just poor management that they aren't done ? Either way its uninspiring.

I'd like to know how many paid staff / consultants there are working for the charity other than main contractors and what the #### are they doing to earn their corn ?

VTTS, come clean, give us the full unadulterated worst case scenario and stop wasting time and money if that is the case or else get some people in who will get results and start having the courage to stand aside and get in a team to make or break the project.