PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Decision on F/O Position.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2006, 17:16
brokenenglish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KeepRecovering
Funny, wasn't raised at my interview and I was never very good at keeping my head down. Would agree though its a Captains airline.

Don't suppose you know what the quota figure is do you Lad?

My guess is that the quota figure is a subjective value based on how high and how often your head goes up. And you say that this wasn't discussed at your interview? What were they thinking of?

Would agree that DXB beats the UK on cost of living and income. As long as the rental trap and the American schools are avoided.

But in the interests of balanced reporting I don't think that Oblaaspop will make £1000 in overtime in many months of the year. He would need to do slightly more than 100 hours in the month to achieve that amount.

And just to be clear a joining F/O would start on £2870 a month at todays exchange rate. And the figure of £1500 accomodation allowance is slightly fat as well. And also necessitates that you will take a drop in quality of accomodation if you move out of a company villa.

As usual its not as bad as many say and its not as good as some of the others say. But I have noticed that some of the old cup half full group have recently joined the cup half empty division.