PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2006, 17:01
jetrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dear qnh1013

i am only assuming you fly for air asia, and if you are, i would like to ask for a big favour......that is to start telling the guys NOT to hold the tip of the boom mike while they transmit.
not only is it illegible to the controllers, but it is also deaffening to the other aircrafts on the same frequency. some mh guys do it too, however from my PERSONAL observation, i find that more than half of aa transmitions seem to have this effect. of course i could be absolutely wrong....

i have however, found a very nice way of demonstrating the effect of holding /toucing the tip of the boom mike,.......i demonstrate it to the other guy on the flight intercom......while i transmit with and without holding the tip of the boom mike, and the difference is just too obvious for the other party to ignore..........

just something that i was taught earlier by my captains that i'd like to share..........actually i'm sure you know how a lot of times we need to turn up the volume when with lumpur cntrol.....and that.s when it really hurts my nice little precious ear drums, when some guy transmits like that.....and then the controller cannot comprehend......and then it goes on and on and on.....

hope you'll help spread the word a little.....got to save the ears a little for the disco too ya.......