PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2006, 09:21
flightleader

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I found the main problem is the communication problem between tower director. The tower always has to hold departing a/c on the runway to get director approval to launch another a/c into the air even if they are going to different directions. Director has no sense of urgency to vector a/c clear of takeoff path as he don't know there is another a/c waiting for take off because the control is 2KM from the tower and probably has no window looking out to the runway! The tower on the other hand has to wait till arriving a/c call on 118.3 before lining up an a/c at holding point. Why wait? If arriving a/c hasn't call,he must be far out still and if no visual(normally tower can see more than 10nm),I see no reason why departing a/c must hold short the runway. Moreover,the radar screen at the tower shows where the a/c is.

On surface movement control: Just yesterday I was rather dissapointed with a woman controller.Dragon air missed twy B,had to roll to the end to back track.As Dragon enter B,the 737 ahead of me took off. As she clear us line up rwy 02,she let a Dragon enter twy A to back track and vacate via G. That was the slowest Dragon I ever seen.The 2 stages back tracking was exceptionally slow and the lady controller did ask it to expedite but once acknowledge and once ignored.She did not repeat herself when ignored which to me it is not acceptable.Even though it is not entirely her fault,but why let a departing a/c wait for an arriving a/c to cross the runway? Shouldn't departing a/c has more urgency to depart?

Departing a/c from LCCT should not be allowed to back track on the runway is other a/c is pushing back from main apron.Many times the back tracking a/c from LCCT did that to 'jump' queue getting ahead and resulting in getting higher level back to KUL.And the a/c from main apron actually had to sit at holding point for it to back track.Seems a little unfair.