PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sth Africans try to 'relocate' YPJT for massive profit, yes or no. Lets hear it?
Old 17th Jun 2006, 06:44
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFI

Sounds like the tenants are right up there on their list of priorities, the tenants do after all pay their bills. Contemptuous is a word that comes to mind.

Jandakot water mound is only the half of it.

If you have been part of the land development business and the Perth Community for more than the last few years you would understand that there are very rational and well thought principles and policy behind why and which parts of the metro area were/are put aside for what purpose.

A quick look at the Stepenson Plan is a good start for newbies.

Roe Highway was first proposed in 1955 by Gordon Stephenson as part of what was to become the Metropolitan Region Planning Scheme. It is named in honour of John Septimus Roe, first Surveyor General of Western Australia.
Perth planners have had a unique opportunity to do a clean sheet development plan for Perth almost since day 1 and the Metropolitan Region Planning Scheme or whatever it is now called, is still pretty much ground zero for everything that has or will subsequently happen.
There are of course some variations along the way but the basic concept is still the backbone of the plan for Perth and environs.

In the long ago I used to have a copy which was huge A2 folio book. Must go see if I can find the current iteration.

Here's a start http://www.wapc.wa.gov.au/default.aspx

I'll find the original 1950/60 's document soon.

Last edited by gaunty; 17th Jun 2006 at 06:54.