PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sth Africans try to 'relocate' YPJT for massive profit, yes or no. Lets hear it?
Old 17th Jun 2006, 03:27
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAF

Now that you ask, I honestly can not recall whether it was in the original thread title or not.

I edited the title, as we do from time to time, to more accurately reflect the context of the thread content and to pose the question. We do these things on the fly and do not keep copies.

If you are suggesting that it is emotive and results from our editorial support for the debate then fair comment and so be it.

And yes, were in the extremely improbable event they were able to pull it off, there would be massive profits, the unspoken coda being, "directly at the expense of the GA business".

This is publicly owned land reserved for the benefit of the public and use of the aviation industry, under the stewardship and management for this purpose of a private organisation. It is that simple.

I am told from, it seems the unanimous viewpoint of the tenants, this organisations behaviour has been so far less than user friendly.
I also have it on impeccable authority the organisation have been told by the powers that be that until they consult fully (in this case apparently none at all) with their tenants and get a broad consensus on the way forward there will not be any further progress beyond the "idea".
It was also pointed out to me that in any event the land is owned by the Commonwealth, the leasehold does not confer any other rights than those contained in the lease, which does not in and of itself include the ability to change the land use.

The form of language contained in the "NOTICE TO ALL TENANTS" is in itself very revealing especially given that it was apparently prised from them as a result of the tenants hearing about the "plan for their future" by media.

We are all concerned for the future of GA in Australia and the pressure applied by landlords with real estate agendas on the secondary airports which are the nurseries of the business.

Jandakot Airport tenants are some of the more succesful and best examples of GA growth in Australia, and we say that in purely relative terms, .

They are like all GA airport tenants, in our opinion, a resource to be nurtured, and cherished.

The Government as policy made it very clear in the leasehold sale documentation that these airports are not future shopping malls or real estate development.

Lets stay focussed here.

A question that really should be asked here is where is the national organisation of airport tenants or an organisation that will pick them up that can present a coherent force.
Complaining here might make you feel better but it wont change anything.

PPRuNe cannot be that, other than to provide the means of discussion between ALL of the parties.

JAH, BAL and so on are all welcome here and it might be a useful way of breaking down the divide.