PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which sector do you want?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 10:08
BugSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys and Girls,

This has obviously touched a raw nerve.

The fact of the matter is that Captains are made Captains nowadays on the grounds that they are generally good eggs as well as being competent commanders.

Yes, the F/O's are consulted on fuel decisions etc (as good CRM dictates). Yes, most F/O's I know make a point of turning up at least 15mins before report to gather their thoughts, paperwork and a coffee. However, I think you have all missed the point of my post.

"Did you ever stop to think that maybe the new F/O is working their aŁ$e off to stay ahead of the game and the aircraft and they are just prompting the Captain to give them a heads up on what sector they are about to fly so they can start mentally preparing"
Yes, having been there myself. The fact is certain things are deemed to be manners. Also, it is very unlikely that the Capt will get you into that much trouble that you are the one needing to get THEM out (granted this does happen very occasionally). Incidentally, the whole point of this is that the Capt hasn't actually conducted his pre-flight breif yet, OnSpeedOnProfile!

As for winding my neck in, I don't think I need to justify my comments. personal profile updated.

Like I said guys and girls, this is a gypsies warning.

It is up to those of us who are in the fortunate enough position of having a job to support and advise those less fortunate.

Egos on the modern flight deck are not a good thing.

BS