PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taupo=BAD
Thread: Taupo=BAD
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 08:01
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nike

The first thing you need to know is that CougarNZ and I know each other personally.

The second thing you need to know is that there is a direct correlation between one skill (the ability to write a coherent sentence), and another (situational awareness). Both require comprehension to be effective. The sentence I was alluding to in CougarNZ's post was this -

I will agree that some of the people joining the aviation circle by this means have no interest pass flying off there course fees in aviation.
Can you explain what that means?

(Sorry to drag you back into this CougarNZ, but the question needs to be answered. looking forward to our next beer).

Yes, this forum is about sharing ideas and challenging viewpoints, which is all I was doing if you read my posts carefully.

As far as having less than zero contempt for those younger than me, you are way off the mark. Until two years ago, I was running simulator courses for wannabe airline pilots, and not looking for payment for it. I still actively encourage young pilots, as CougarNZ will confirm if you ask him. I would like nothing more than to get back into instructing - not for the money, just for the satisfaction. I have had a long and satisfying airline career, and right now I just want to put something back into aviation for those who are just starting out. Unfortunately, the aero clubs seem to be full of people just wanting to protect their little empires, so I have been unable to do so - but I'm still trying.

Perhaps, instead of venting your anger on me, you could focus your attention on those who prevent people like me from helping people who are just starting out.

I'm always more than happy to help out anyone wanting advice, as many people on this forum know who have spoken to me.

Now, back to Taupo...