PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which sector do you want?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 07:15
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BugSpeed
If there are two things GUARANTEED to keep your hands and feet clear at all times, its unconsulted fuel decisions (without good reason) and asking a Skip what he wants to fly
Did you ever stop to think that maybe the new F/O is working their a£$e off to stay ahead of the game and the aircraft and they are just prompting the Captain to give them a heads up on what sector they are about to fly so they can start mentally preparing. I bet an F/O has to think about it a lot harder than the Captain and from the tone of your post, I dont think you appreciate that.

As for making a fuel decision without consulting, maybe the captain should make the effort to consult the F/O. Maybe the f/o thought time was of the essence, you were too busy somewhere else and in the best interests of staying on time, and saving the company money, made a call. They are after all aware of performance and alternate requirements and I am sure when the captain saw the truck, a quick conversation should make him/her feel at ease as to what the f/o ordered. You can always change it! Why didnt the captain discuss fuel requirements at the pre flight brief?

If the captain has a problem, they should tell someone in your company but before that, get down off their high horse and go to a CRM refresher. You only get the respect you deserve when you give others the respect they deserve. An f/o is not the Captain, granted, but these issues sound more like the captains problems than an attitude of a f/o.

How many times have you stopped a Captain cocking up?? A bit of respect where respect is due here wouldnt go a miss I think.