PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taupo=BAD
Thread: Taupo=BAD
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2006, 05:19
nike

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My apologies oktas8, but I am not a big fan of PM's due to the fact that they effectively go against the grain of a public forum and the intent to share ideas.

My point is against what MOR wrote regarding CougarNZ in post #41 (not #34) and is therefore obviously off topic within this thread. For that I apologise.

I also apologise for the bemused tone in this post, but MOR, you cannot be serious?

Surely this whole 'thing' we call a forum is about sharing ideas and challenging viewpoints.

"...the problem is mine..."? really does nothing to help me understand your point. If you truely wish to garner respect please try harder to share your ideas. Indeed is that not what you are asking of CougarNZ?

Why my disdain at your post?
Simply, I cannot bring myself to question CougarNZ's situational awareness based on a post on PPRuNe. Which is what you put forward as your rebuttal to Cougar defending what he saw as a personal attack.
I've never meet the guy, and will not agree to condemn his piloting skills simply based on a post. One, which if you look at the overall tone of that particular post is not too bad.

Within those few posts this guy has tripped, stumbled, stood up & apologised, tried to appease those who seek to condemn him, and has been shot down at every turn.

Truely a disappointing example of what sort of encouragement is out there for young pilots.

MOR, I mistakenly credited you with comments made by Prospector regarding the apparent drift in english language skills across the generations. However I am not entirely convinced of your contention of zero comtempt for those younger than you.

Now, I have come a long way myself, making plenty of errors and still have many lessons ahead. What I would hope for is a guiding hand and a positive mentor, not cutting remarks filled with ridicule for those in need.

If indeed it is the intent of this debate to raise the standards wihtin these forums, then lets not limit it to spelling or grammar or to the new guys.