PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar/AO threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 10:14
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wouldn't that be a turn of events indeed!

As already previously stated, good on 'em - if true. However, would EK management really bend to such requests/demands? I ask a genuine question here, as it seems from my limited understanding of the industry (in its present incarnation at least), that the animosity between professional pilots and airline management has never been worse.

I also find it interesting that such action by the EK pilots sends a pretty clear message that they don't hold their future employers in very high regard either. Because they'll just as happily drop Jet* like a hot potato and stay with EK - if their demands are met - as they would drop EK like a hot potato and run off to Jet*. Then again, seeing as management seem to hold all pilots in the same contempt these days, I guess that just makes us all the same as each other in the end... Everyone's looking after No. 1 - pilots and management alike.

By the way, I'm for the pilots - and not against the management. Call me an idealist and a dreamer, but I still live in hope of one day seeing pilots and management work with each other, rather than against each other, for the common good of their respective airlines. Oh, but if wishing only made it so...

Last edited by The Bunglerat; 14th Jun 2006 at 10:27.