PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM
Thread: BIRMINGHAM
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2006, 09:45
30W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My flights have been handled by Swissport now for several years. The once top notch service we used to receive in the companies early days is now very average.

As already stated, this is mainly due to the quality, and numbers of staff employed to manage an ever increasing operation. Combined with 'peanuts' being payed by us, the airlines, the result is what we have now.

As for this summer in particular, I personally am finding the ramp operation BETTER than last year. However, the normal early season issues with new check-in staff have carried on FAR longer than they should! These have at times impacted heavily on on-time performance.

If FlyBe can't recognise, and pay, for a despatcher to cover their flights, then they are asking for some of the problems they get. The loaders will never be equal to a good despatcher!

Swissport, along with all agents I come across has a mix of good and bad despatchers. The good ones stand out as being on top of all aspects of the turnround - and are very proactive on your behalf. The bad ones, have no clue of what state different parts of the turnround process are at. They constantly have to be 'chased' to gather and co-ordinate activities that they should be doing automatically.

Who was the station manager these days anyway?

30W