PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If I was the boss of KLM...
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2002, 23:33
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLMuk is not the only camel who is trying to get its nose under the tent. I am sure all of the other junior partners will want on that list. But I can only say that I don’t care how many years you have with KLMuk or Transavia or wherever, years of service on the list is a nonstarter for not only me but I am sure the vast majority of the KLM mainline pilots. I am sure that even our KLC colleagues who wanted the same thing for themselves will be lying down in front of that plan. Maybe a good matter of perspective for them. Once again we don’t gain with any merger, while the junior partners have the potential of moving into larger equipment. If there is a way to honor the years of service within the KLM group as it relates to layoffs I can see people giving that some serious thought. Layoffs haven’t happened within the KLM group since the early sixties, but I understand your point of view. Even layoff clauses as it relates to where the excess capacity is would be acceptable to me, mainline, regional, leisure, lowcost. Of course properly covered in any collective bargaining agreement. Imhotep, I totally understand your view on this. Without a doubt I would feel the same on your side of the fence. But while this exchange has remained friendly I can also see that the positions are nearly irreconcilable, maybe leaving things as is would be better. That way I know what I can expect and so can you and all my other valued colleagues across the group. My two cents have been put in. Kind regards.