PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM
Thread: BIRMINGHAM
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2006, 21:48
Flap15Geardown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you need to check your figures a little more carefully for Mytravel. I think you will find that Mytravel Lite went from bottom of the table when handled by Aviance to the top when taken over by Swissport. Unfortunately for the latter company the decision seems to have already been taken to axe Lite before the change of agents.

All the handling agents seem to have the same problems at the moment and that is their ramp departments. You can take your pick of lack of staff, lack of training or lack of motivation. All three seem to suffer from one or more of these but some seem to have more bad days than others. I believe there was an agreement not to undercut each other to get business but this seems to have gone out of the window this summer. The result is that the wages of all the staff are squeezed and we all know what you get when you pay peanuts I doubt that anything will change until all the handling agents agree to start charging realistic handling fees so that there is enough money available to pay descent wages and give thorough training. Then they might find that they can attract the quality of staff required and keep them rather than have them go where the money is, like stacking shelves at Tesco.

Rant over, getting coat and heading for the door