PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2006, 09:52
Skybound0210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good point guys!

I have read the posts in this particular forum, and this will be the first time I will be replying so please do bear with me.

Everyone has made valid points regarding the Strike of 98 (which I am not too familiar with). As part of a union, you are within the realm of a group that looks out for each other's back, for better or worse. It's like a marriage. When everyone goes out on a picketline to fight for what they believe in, whether justifiable or not, you have to fight. Which is what the pilots did, from what I have read. For that I commend the pilots...especially the Junior pilots, who I feel were putting their very young careers on the line.

If what LT did or threatened to do was enough for some pilots (and I am expecting that these are mostly Junior) to go back to PAL, I am almost sure that it is out of fear of their career. However to some this would seem to be the easiest way to surpass their seniors for command and/or higher position...but let us not brand them as such.

You may not forget what has been done, but you surely can forgive. Everyone made mistakes with this Strike...others making more mistakes than others. But let bygones be bygones.

I am sure all of you guys are swell type of guys.