PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates. Decision on F/O Position.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2006, 08:03
145qrh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F/o to Capt is already beyond three years for the Airbus, soon same for 777.

They will take, and been confirmed to me in person,they will take as many DEC's as they can get hold of. Normal commands are being delayed to facilitate DEC's.
The only agreement in place is for us to do as we are told or leave.
Many are taking this option.

DEC's were sold to us a short term measure, and no-one would be disadvantaged..yeah right....

If you join now you will be number 1650 (ish) on the list , we have 90 planes. Our fleet is scheduled to double in size by 2012. Some 6 years from now, I think if would be safe to assume that over the next few years DEC recruitment will continue at the same pace as it has over the last 3..ie same amount of DEC as upgrade....So if you join now your command will be, well ,how long is a very long piece of string?? 6 years would not be unrealistic,not likely to be shorter, probably longer.

As for the training department, well ,we some wonderful examiners.

F/o salary...well each to his own, you will be able to survive, just ,if you never go out, don't' enjoy any hobbies or pastimes and really enjoy noodles..

Dubai itself is not a pleasant place to reside. Main problems are traffic, inflation, weather, customer service , unfairly weighted system of law, just ask the poor Brit who is in Jail for knocking someone down on the Highway,,who wait for,,ran out in front of him ..WTF,, the list goes on..

My advice...Run like the wind..in the other direction..