PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin crew "attitude"
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2006, 00:35
Roadster280

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Faarking hell

Boy and girl,

As a (BA gold card holding) pax -

BA have THE best CC in the world. Unfortunately, they also have some of the worst. Some of the high points in my BA pax career:

Being recognised by CC on yet another transatlantic, despite the thousands of longhaul CC.

Exit row seat on a 767 RUH-LHR, discussing life with the CC on takeoff. Described my month in Saudi. No sooner had the ac crossed Saudi airspace, than said chap appeared with three beers for me. Top man. 15 minutes later, three more. I didnt make an arse of myself, and that's the way it should be.

The return of silver cutlery in Club World. I just about broke down.

After being asked in the terminal to take a package on the SVO-LHR flight. I reported this to the CC on entry to the ac. Never have I been so happy to hear an English voice, and the immaculately pressed white blouse.

I don't live in the UK any more, but when I did, travelling for British industry all over the world, I used to get the feeling, on a British Airways aircraft, that this was UK plc taking on the world, especially watching "and now, from London, the news from the BBC" about 15 minutes into the flight.

As for the BA Gold card holder asking for the seat, that is insane. As for the bad BA CC, as an example, old biddy CSD "There's a good reason to ask you to sit in the seats assigned, which is ------ TRIM!". Now, I understand that, but how many others did? Others too, but in general, BA are top of the pile.

Gives me great pride to see the BA 777's tail towering over the lesser types every time I fly out of ATL on Delta.