PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: Lies...Damn Lies...and EK Management
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2006, 08:29
alwayzinit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honest outside opinion

Gents I know that I am not entitled to comment on your T&Cs as I am not in EK. However I have been in the business all my life as 3rd generation pilot.

T&Cs are going down the swanny in just about all 1st world airlines, BA lost their final salary scheme years ago and general erosion has continued across the board since then.

In europe all airlines now are run by accountants who assume that the cheapest option is the best, when has the cheapest been the best solution?

Whilst it is a bitter pill to swallow all airlines are in the business to make money and they don't care how. In reality there is no way for any individual to change the system, in a ideal world every brother pilot would stand up and be counted but that will never happen as long we all have individual problems of our own mortgages , boats , school fees etc to be frank I would not risk my kids future or my house cowardly but true.

My solution ... if they are not asking my opinion on a policy change chances are they don't want it! So fly the jet but leave the airline at the garden gate when you get home otherwise it will eat you up like a cancer.

As the old saying goes "life is like a sh#t sandwich, the more bread you have the less sh#t you get to eat relativley".

Fly safe

Alwayz