PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: Lies...Damn Lies...and EK Management
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2006, 07:50
captainjohndo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi War,

I have been here for 12 years, and I have never seen before such an unrest and movement of people. Two of my friends have just resigned, and I am thinking, what am I doing here. I am seriously thinking of going back to OZ and getting a commuting job as well for about the same amount of money overall but a lot better quality of life for the family. Had I been on the Bus I would have gone to Jet*.

The reason why I do not share Check Six's views is because I have been flying with the new blood who has been coming from South America and they are very content. It seems EK has found another place to get their pilots.

I am not going to get into the discussion of are they suitable, are they enough, are they the solution, the truth is that they are getting more money here than they were back home, they are a lot safer here than they were back home, and they are enjoying the honeymoon period with the new four wheel drives and the hotel clubs.

It will be a few years before they also discover what we have, and by then it will be too late for those guys, as yet more new blood will have joined. The 777 has been flying a lot of late, and I am now completely and utterly shattered...

I do not know what the solution is, and that is the big problem with most of us, we do not know what we have to do to change the declining trend in our quality of life, our family's quality of life, and our savings due to the rising costs and drop in the US $.