PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qld MPT Shakeup?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2006, 12:17
FWRWATPLX2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call me Mr. Integrity or plain stupid

Fellow Rotor Heads

To set the record straight, after 11 days on the job as the new Chief Pilot, I gave Fat Bass turd, the Ship's Captain, an ultimatum, either comply with the Company Operations Manual and the Air Laws or send me home, by 16:30.

He blew up at me, telling me about his "commercial realities" I told him that I do not give a sh*t about his commercial realities, that if one of his young pilots bends metal in the middle of the night or kills himself, I will wear it for the rest of my career and the rest of my life, that we will all end up in court defending ourselves. He sent me home.

Standing up for what I believe in, for what is righteous, for my fellow Aviators, and the Air Laws cost me $90,000/Year that I needed. It was the first flying job I have had in more than three and a half years.

I turned him in to CASA, providing days, dates, times, aircraft, equipment, etc., including specific undeniable information to a CASA Rep who attended a Pilot Conference in that quaint small town. What he did with it, I do not know. I also wrote to Bruce Byron, CASA CEO.

I turned him in to the Safety Office at BHP Billiton, as well.

Afterwards, the Ship's Captain, slandered me, as his boastful words were overheard.

I did it to help the entire industry.

Did I do it for my own selfish gain, costing me a job, currency, and $90,000/Year?

I begged CASA not to find fault with any of the pilots, because the CEO is a social bully, etc. They were the finest bunch of pilots and guys I have ever associated with. I attribute that directly to the Chief Pilot I was to replace.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. It is verifiable . . .